Course & Prices
* Master class sessions will be held in the mornings and afternoons by William Bennett and Lorna McGhee.
* Flute Basics classes in every afternoon, Michie Bennett , Yelang Choi, YaoYao Lu, Thomas Sargeaunt will give a basic class to tone production, pitch control and flexibility.
* Individual lessons from the Teaching Assistants.
* There will be a class given by William Bennetts on Marcel Moyse 24 little melodic studies, which we consider to be the most important work to lay the foundations of good articulation, phrase building, and developing the use of different colours.
* There will be a workshop given by Lorna McGhee on Body awareness – releasing unnecessary tension and building our trust & connection with the airstream, which is after all, the basis of all expression. Finding a natural connection to the breath gives us the ability to tap into the narrative quality of any piece of music, allowing us to ‘talk’ through our instrument.
* There will be a Recitals given by William Bennett, Lorna McGhee, Michelle Choi, YaoYao Lu, Thomas Sargeaunt
* There will be classes about posture and body, which should be of great interest to flute players to improve technique and avoid future physical problems.
* There might be a Masterclass by Steven Isserlis
Firstly you should send an application form, and if you wish to attend as a Concert Performer, you should send an MP3 audition recording (by attaching on to e-mail) or sending a CD
We will then send you our acceptance form with the classification given.
If you are happy with this classification, you should then confirm your participation by sending us a non - refundable deposit of £100 within 10 days
The balance of the fees(Course fee and Accommodation fee)should be paid by 23rd of June.
There are five ways to attend the master class:
|Concert Performer||£560||Play in the master class twice (once with William Bennett and once with Lorna McGhee, work with the assistants, and observe all masterclasses, and be active participants in the flute basic class, and 24 studies class, and play in the student concert. The level recommended for the Concert Performe is above grade VIII|
|Performer||£500||Play in the master class once with William Bennett or Lorna McGhee, work with assistants two times, and observe all masterclasses, and be active participants in flute basic classes, and 24 studies class, and play in the student concert.|
|Participant||£440||three Lessons with Assistants, observe all masterclasses, and be active participants in flute basic classes, and 24 studies class, and play in the Student Concert.|
|Auditor||£380||Observe all masterclasses, flute basic classes, and 24 studies class, and join festivities!|
|Day Visitor||£70||observe the masterclasses, plus free entry to any concert or workshop|
*You are advised to insure against cancellation or illness as fees are not refundable after 6th July.
* Participants without accommodation at the course will need to pay £200 in addition to the course fee for the use of promises and all facilities ( £25 per day, which includes the cost of one main meal and beverages consumed at class breaks).
Early application is advised as there is only a limited number of places on this very select course.
|Single room ( en suite)||£400||(7 Nights+7 Breakfasts + 7 Lunches +7 Suppers + Tea( twice a day)|
|Non resident||£200||(7 Lunchs+ Tea( twice a day)|